Thursday, November 1, 2007

Turning the beat around... I hope!

Well, it is done -- I just submitted my manuscript to Science! And only a couple of days later than was my goal. And I've started working on the next publication, researching where I will send it. And I sent off three job applications (for jobs I don't really want, at least not right now.) I made a yummy pot roast last night, although my husband and I washed it down with too much wine, leaving me low energy today. I really need to change my publishing history. It's terrible. I've had this problem for years; I just had no good advice, and while I love to start projects and write grants, writing up the end results is just soooo booooring. Also, I have problems dealing with the criticism. Of course, the biggest problem is that my research hasn't been as engrossing.

1 comment:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Yay! How very nice to see you here! And I think just having something worthy of submission to Science is a huge accomplishment.

You know, with Lil' Rebel in a nearby state, we should have a midwest reunion sometime...