Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My first post

Dear anonymous internet friend,

Welcome to my blog. I'm setting this up as a space to reflect on my academic experience. I am a postdoc at a major midwestern university (perhaps one day I shall reveal the details). I am studying bats in coffee plantations, trying to make up for my lackluster education in primatology. I want to be a "real" ecologist when I grow up! I've just finished the first year of my postdoc. My resolution for the second year? Publish, publish, publish!!! I'm submitting a manuscript to Science later this week, although the unfortunate need to prepare job applications has delayed my work until later this week. I really love my postdoc and my lab, and I can extend my postdoc for a third year. But, my husband is going on the market this year, so I'm applying for some jobs near where he's applying for jobs. I can't decide if I'm a catch or a fraud. Oy oy oy...

No comments: